We are a strong, diverse, caring community of faith, with
a commitment to inclusion, outreach and social justice.
Crop Walk Logo

Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk Oct. 17

CROP to End Hunger

Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk (41st anniversary in 2021) is an annual event supporting Church World Service (CWS) to raise funds for hungry neighbors and to collect food for local pantries.

Our Church has participated for many years. Our Matawan Community Food Pantry receives 25% of what we collect, benefiting both monetarily and through food donations. The remaining 75% goes to CWS to support its world-wide effort to fight hunger and aid in self-development.

Last year, Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk raised over $138,000; our church help raise over $3,200 and 275 pounds of food. The goal for this year is to raise $141,000 and 18,000 pounds of food.

FPC Team Walk:Crop Walk 2021 QR Code
FPC Youth Group Walk:

FALL into FUNdraising at Flea Market on Oct. 16 at noon around the FPC Matawan church building. Youth will also help out at Flea Market and prepare College Care packages.

Call to Action:
  • As a Walker: Click here to Join as a FPC CROP Walker and follow the instructions to sign up as a FPC Matawan Team walker. Afterwards, encourage friends to sponsor you.
  • As a Sponsor/Donor – a few options:
    • Give online to the FPC CROP Walk Team’s Page and choose whom you want to sponsor including Youth Group.
    • Give cash (in an envelope with your name) or check payable to Red Bank CROP Walk. Mail it to the church or drop it in the offering plate on any Sunday before October 17.
    • Spread the word to your friends, neighbors and family members asking them to go to our church website (https://firstpresmatawan.org/) to sponsor.

Support Our Food Pantry:

Help FPC Matawan fill our food pantry by bringing in non-perishable food items to the church in October: canned fruits, cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup, shelf-stable milk, pasta and sauce, dry mashed potatoes, coffee, tuna, soup, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, baby supplies (diapers, food).