Even in our world today, there is the scourge of hunger in many places. Our yearly Crop Walk, with participants from all over New Jersey, helps fight hunger with practical giving, a message of hope, and a commitment to have our nation feed its needy. Our FPC Matawan team including the Youth Group is part of the Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk that is also part of the nationwide movement sponsored by Church World Service (CWS) to raise funds to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and around the world.
In 2021, the Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk raised $132,000 with 12,000 pounds of food. Our church team including our Youth Group raised over $6,300. A portion of monetary donations from the Red Bank CROP Walk and all of the food collections go back to 14 local food pantry partners including our Matawan Community Food Pantry. We received $1,311 from the organizer and 460 lbs. of food on Walk Day.
Here is how you can help:
- Be a Walker– Go to our FPC Matawan CROP Walk Team site directly and then click “Join The Team” to register. Then Walker Instructions page for detail instructions. After registration, please promote to your sponsors.
- Be a Sponsor/Donor – You have a few options:
- Give online through our FPC Matawan CROP Walk Team site and scroll down to choose whom you want to sponsor including Youth Group.
- Give cash (in an envelope with your name) or check payable to Red Bank CROP Walk. Mail it to the church or drop it into the offering plate on or before Sunday, October 16th.
- Spread the words to your friends, neighbors and family members asking them to go to our church website to sponsor
- Fill our food pantry by bringing in non-perishable food items to the church in October: canned fruits, cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup, shelf stable milk, pasta and sauce, dry mashed potatoes, coffee, tuna, soup, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, baby supplies (diapers, food).