Even in our world today, there is the scourge of hunger in many places. Our yearly Crop Walk, with participants from all over New Jersey, helps fight hunger with practical giving, a message of hope, and a commitment to have our nation feed its needy. Our FPC Matawan team, including the Youth Group, is part of the Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk which is also part of the nationwide movement sponsored by Church World Service (CWS) to raise funds to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and worldwide.
In 2022, the Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk raised $132,000 with 12,000 pounds of food. Our church team, including our Youth Group, raised over $6,300. A portion of monetary donations from the Red Bank CROP Walk and all of the food collections go back to 14 local food pantry partners, including our Matawan Community Food Pantry. We received $1,311 from the organizer and 460 lbs. of food on Walk Day.
This year, the CROP Walk Day is on Sunday, October 15th (World Food Day), starting from Red Bank Regional High School at 2:00pm, and walking in the Red Bank area. Please see Red Bank CROP Hunger Walk for details.
Here is how you can help:
- Be a Walker- Go to our FPC Matawan CROP Walk Team site and click “Join The Team” to register. Then visit the Walker Instructions page for detailed instructions. After registration, please promote to your sponsors.
- Be a Sponsor/Donor – You have a few options:
- Give online through our FPC Matawan CROP Walk Team site and scroll down to choose whom you want to sponsor, including Youth Group.
- Give cash (in an envelope with your name) or check payable to Red Bank CROP Walk. Mail it to the church or drop it into the offering plate on or before Sunday, October 15th.
- Spread the word to your friends, neighbors, and family members, asking them to go to our church website to sponsor
- Fill our food pantry by bringing in non-perishable food items to the church in October: canned fruits, cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix and syrup, shelf-stable milk, pasta and sauce, dry mashed potatoes, coffee, tuna, soup, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, baby supplies (diapers, food).